MAJR’s Thermal Management Board Level Shield (MAJR Shield) is designed for applications where EMI/RFI shielding and heat dissipation are both needed. Utilizing the honeycomb waveguide principles allows MAJR Shield to provide the shielding you can expect out of a waveguide ventilation panel while still allowing heat to escape from a hot board mounted component.
- High EMI/RFI Shielding performance through the use of metal honeycomb material
- Excellent cooling of electronic components without the expense and weight of heat pipes
- Easily mounted to a circuit board footprint using standard mounting configurations
- Low cost photo etch and form tooling for standard or complex applications
- Able to see and test the shielded circuit through 0.125 in. dia. straight honeycomb cells
- Metal honeycomb is removable for component replacement and since grounded to the fence, it will not act like an antenna re-radiating electronic device noise as a floating heat sink
The MAJR Board Level Shield accomplishes heat dissipation by two methods:
- Cool air enters the bottom of the shield capturing heat from electronic components and exiting the shield through conductive honeycomb cells. This is also known as the “chimney effect.”
- Forced air from an external fan is directed into the interior of the shield by means of angled honeycomb cells. Heated air then exits through opposite angled honeycomb cells.
Our Metal Honeycomb Material
The MAJR Board Level Shield’s metal honeycomb material utilizes the waveguide beyond cut-off effect and is designed to meet EMC emission/susceptibility requirements for present and future electronic equipment.
Our metal honeycomb material is available in either steel or aluminum with a variety of plating or an RoHS compliant galvanic coating. Fence materials are available in a variety of solderable metals:
- Nickel silver
- Tin plated steel
- Other metals and plating available upon request
MAJR Shield is available in many customizable configurations of length, width, and height. Several mounting configurations are also available.
For more information on Thermal Management Board Level Shielding and how MAJR Products can help with your shielding needs, fill out the form or call us at 877-625-6033. You can also download our EMI/RFI Board Level Shield (5310 Series) product sheet.