MAJR Products provides EMI Shielded Window (3500 series) solutions to many industries based on requirements for electromagnetic shielding, high light transmission, coatings for hardness, anti-glare, and other optical considerations. We do this across a range of substrates such as polycarbonate, acrylic, and even glass to provide the best combination of protection from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference and the visual requirements of your application. Most electromagnetic shielded window applications are custom by nature, and MAJR can assist you in your electromagnetic shielding window design. We will quote direct to your print or offer alternatives if requested.
- Built to Your Specification – MAJR’s engineering team can assist with custom EMI window designs to help meet your specific requirements. We’ve helped customers with designs ranging from small handheld devices to large military electronic cabinet doors. We look forward to helping you meet your shielding and optical requirements.
- Superior Construction – Our materials and construction have been optimized to provide superior EMI/RFI shielding performance, optical clarity, and environmental durability.
- Hard Coatings are designed to provide polycarbonate windows with improved chemical, scratch, and abrasion resistance
- Optical Wire provides excellent EMI/RFI attenuation and optical performance. For mesh windows, standard mesh is 100 strands per inch and constructed from stainless steel wire that has been silver-plated and conductively blackened.
- ITO Conductive Coatings provide optical shielding for less demanding applications. A 10 ohms/sq. conductive coating will provide approximately 80% to 85% light transmission and 20-30 dB’s of EMI/RFI attenuation from 100 MHz to 1 GHz.
MAJR’s proprietary laminating process allows us to embed 50,80, 100 and 230 OPI optical wire between polycarbonate and acrylic sheet stock allowing superior optical quality while still meeting demanding shielding requirements.
Our busbar is applied to the perimeter of machined windows for conductivity / connectivity to a metal bezel or the metal case, faceplate, door.
Typical Bus Bar Shapes
I–Shape: On outer edge of window only.
L–Shape: On outer edge of window & one surface.
U–Shape: On outer edge of window & two surfaces connecting.
Z–Shape: On outer edge of window & “step” & one surface.
On Edge Only – “I” Shape: Yes
Edge and 1 Surface – “L” Shape: Yes
Edge and 2 Surfaces – “U” Shape: Yes
Edge, Step and 1 Surface – “Z” Shape: Custom
Minimum Width: .07″
Color: Clear (Standard) / Colors (Custom)
Surface Finish: Clear or Non-Glare Hard Coat
Light Transmission: 80% – 85% (Standard)
Mesh Angle: 22.5°, 30°, 45°, 90° Tolerance +/-5°
Holes – Minimum Diameter: .07″
Gasket Grooves: Yes
Gasket Groove Minimum Dimensions (wxd): .10″ x .10″
Radius – Minimum Internal or External: .04″
Other Details Available: Custom
For more information about
EMI Shielded Windows,
fill out the form or call us at 877-625-7776